Some simple changes or adjustments to the activities you perform may help to protect your back.
- Always sit with your knees higher than your hips for good lower back support.
- When moving heavy objects it is better to push than pull.
- Simple changes in your sleeping position can take strain off your back. Place a pillow or two under your knees when sleeping on your back or between your knees or knees and hips when sleeping on your side with your legs drawn slightly upwards towards your chest.
- When standing, stand with your tummy and buttocks tucked in, in a neutral pelvis position.
- If standing for a long period of time, stand with one leg resting on a higher object than the other.
Source: SportsCare and Physiotherapy